Thursday 29 June 2017

Radjet 800. First Flight.

...back better than ever

The arrival of the Radjet, my second and a replacement for the much loved and even more battered original, was much anticipated. The pretty original had been the subject of countless crashes as I struggled to learn the secret of getting it into the sky.

Along the way I learned about the delicate balance required with speedsters, and not to get the Radjet into flat spins form which it struggles to escape. I also learned, and relished in, the Radjet's capacity for rock-solid performance and high-speed stability.


My arrival of MkII caused some angst as nearly a year had elapsed since it's predecessor had retired after the incident with the sapling. Fortunately, and remarkably, my lessons learned were so entrenched that the pretty speedster launched and flew virtually perfectly.

Something that I never had the opportunity to appreciated before it was pummeled through launch training, was just was cleanly the Radjet flies, swift cruise at half throttle and effortless acceleration out of dives.

So, despite the nervous anticipation, the Radjet is back and reinforces my perception that this must be one of the best-value foam speedsters around...

No comments:

Post a Comment